As with everything this school year, there is a slow start up. Many regular sources of information were not, and are still not, available. That’s fine! We will do the best we can!! Go PITT!!!
Team meetings have happened or will happen. Get on the team email. Listen to announcements.
Fundraising is on! Check with your coach for information related to your team.
Boys Annual Grad Tournament – November 6, 8, & 9
- Grad teams are being contacted and organized.
- Check back for details!
Sr. Girls and Boys Grad Games – Friday, December 21.
To have information added to team pages, please provide to webmaster. If you don’t know me, there should be a ‘pmssmarauder’ contact on this page. (shaw.ca) Feel free to use my regular email if you know it. Thanks!
It is so simple! If you are a ‘Real Marauder’, you do what it takes…
- This pic is MarauderGrad, Brandon Severinski, cleaning up the chairs after a SrGirls game, because Brian asked him to.
- Also on this night, three JuniorBoys (sorry, I can only name 1 of 3) brought in all of the concession supplies from the Marauder Mom’s vehicles. Thanks guys, you know who you are!!
Don’t wait to be asked!! Every day there are opportunities to help out the program, the school, or the community.
Thanks to technology, there is no reason to miss anything during the long days of summer!! Links below have info to go along with last year’s memories AND new information for the upcoming school year. Bookmark them, sign up for updates, or just go check them out regularly!!!!
2012-2013 Season Highlights – This page is now complete!! All highlights, that were on the Marauder Team pages and Posts are now on this page. New information for the 2013-2014 Season will be added in the future. Send any info to Webmaster @ email@example.com Thanks!!
@PMSSMarauders on Twitter
Pitt Meadows Secondary School Marauders on Facebook
Grade8@PITT – Survival Guide for new Marauder’s and their parents (PAC site)!
- check it out, and pass it on to new students. Thanks!!
Pitt Meadows Secondary School Site – updated calendar, timetables,…and we got the Late-Start Friday’s back!!!
Thank you to the Gianfranco Gianmaria Memorial Society (GGMS) for their generous donation of an AED to PMSS. Along with the efforts of the PMSS PAC and Mr. Dennis Dickson, we now have a defibrillator available for our students, staff, and community; in the event of an emergency.
- Gianfranco Giammaria Memorial Society (GGMS): Please visit this webpage. They want to get AED’s in all recreational facilities. This is one ‘secret’ you can pass onto our competitors.
- SADS website: Canadian Sudden Arrhythmia Deaths Syndromes Foundation
SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST IN YOUTH – related articles, there are many, many more. If you are concerned, please speak to your doctor. Getting an AED and reading about the reasons behind it, help us to be gain knowledge and be prepared.
- Bystanders Must Help Heart Attack Victims: Emergency Doctors, Carmen Chai, October 13, 2011, Postmedia/Vancouver Sun
- Defibrillator Trumps CPR as Best Response to Heart Attacks…, Pauline Tam, September 1, 2o11, Postmedia News, The Province
- Father who lost son… , WXYZ.com, May 17, 2011
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Strikes Collegiate Athletes at an Alarming Rate – Erik Malinowski, April 11, 2011, Playbook -highest rate for basketball players
- Wes Leonard: Michigan High School Basketball Star Dies After Game-Winning Shot, Kate Moisse et al, March 4, 2011, ABC News
- More Athletes with Sudden Cardiac Arrest Than Originally Thought, SADS.com
- A review of sudden unexpected death in the young in British Columbia, Zaneta Lim et al, January 26, 2010, The Canadian Journal of Cardiology
- Saving Athletes from Cardiac Arrest – Carolyn Sayre, May 7, 2007, Time