Welcome to the start of the 2014-2015 Marauder Basketball Season!!
Tuesday, November 25:
- Program Night: All boys teams vs Lord Tweedsmuir @PITT
- Also the PMSS Post-Secondary Night @PITT
Thursday, November 27 – Saturday, November 29
- SrGirls @ ByrneCreek Tournament, schedule on their page.
- BoysTeams @ Kamloops Tournament.
Friday, November 28 – Saturday, November 29
- JrGirls host Tournament @PITT
- Gr8Girls&Boys @ AbbyMiddle Tournament
Come out and support the teams!
Information is trickling in! Check team pages for updates as they become available.
Fundraising is on! Check with your coach for information related to your team.
Boys Annual Grad Tournament – November 6, 7, 8, 2014: Congrats to the OldGuys!! They won again!!
Division 1: Seniors, 2005&Older, 2013-2014
Division 2: Juniors, 2006-2009, 2010-2012
Thursday, November 6:
- 6:30: Juniors vs 2006-2009
- 8:00: Seniors vs 2013-2014
Friday, November 7:
- 6:30: Juniors vs 2010-2012
- 8:00: Seniors vs 2005&Older
Saturday, November 8:
- 1:30: 2005&Older vs 2013-2014
- 3:00: 2010-2012 vs 2006-2009
- 7:00: 2005&Older vs 2006-2009
Tournament Organizer: Shane Kool
and Boys Grad Games - Friday, December 21. Rescheduled to Saturday November 15 @ 6pm
To have information added to team pages, please provide to webmaster. If you don’t know me, there should be a ‘pmssmarauder’ contact on this page. (shaw.ca) Feel free to use my regular email if you know it. Thanks!
It is so simple! If you are a ‘Real Marauder’, you do what it takes…
- This pic is MarauderGrad, Brandon Severinski, cleaning up the chairs after a SrGirls game, because Brian asked him to.
- Also on this night, three JuniorBoys (sorry, I can only name 1 of 3) brought in all of the concession supplies from the Marauder Mom’s vehicles. Thanks guys, you know who you are!!
Don’t wait to be asked!! Every day there are opportunities to help out the program, the school, or the community.
Thanks to technology, there is no reason to miss anything during the long days of summer!! Links below have info to go along with last year’s memories AND new information for the upcoming school year. Bookmark them, sign up for updates, or just go check them out regularly!!!!
2012-2013 Season Highlights – This page is now complete!! All highlights, that were on the Marauder Team pages and Posts are now on this page. New information for the 2013-2014 Season will be added in the future. Send any info to Webmaster @ email@example.com Thanks!!
@PMSSMarauders on Twitter
Pitt Meadows Secondary School Marauders on Facebook
Grade8@PITT – Survival Guide for new Marauder’s and their parents (PAC site)!
- check it out, and pass it on to new students. Thanks!!
Pitt Meadows Secondary School Site – updated calendar, timetables,…and we got the Late-Start Friday’s back!!!
Thank you to the Gianfranco Gianmaria Memorial Society (GGMS) for their generous donation of an AED to PMSS. Along with the efforts of the PMSS PAC and Mr. Dennis Dickson, we now have a defibrillator available for our students, staff, and community; in the event of an emergency.
- Gianfranco Giammaria Memorial Society (GGMS): Please visit this webpage. They want to get AED’s in all recreational facilities. This is one ‘secret’ you can pass onto our competitors.
- SADS website: Canadian Sudden Arrhythmia Deaths Syndromes Foundation
SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST IN YOUTH – related articles, there are many, many more. If you are concerned, please speak to your doctor. Getting an AED and reading about the reasons behind it, help us to be gain knowledge and be prepared.
- Bystanders Must Help Heart Attack Victims: Emergency Doctors, Carmen Chai, October 13, 2011, Postmedia/Vancouver Sun
- Defibrillator Trumps CPR as Best Response to Heart Attacks…, Pauline Tam, September 1, 2o11, Postmedia News, The Province
- Father who lost son… , WXYZ.com, May 17, 2011
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Strikes Collegiate Athletes at an Alarming Rate – Erik Malinowski, April 11, 2011, Playbook -highest rate for basketball players
- Wes Leonard: Michigan High School Basketball Star Dies After Game-Winning Shot, Kate Moisse et al, March 4, 2011, ABC News
- More Athletes with Sudden Cardiac Arrest Than Originally Thought, SADS.com
- A review of sudden unexpected death in the young in British Columbia, Zaneta Lim et al, January 26, 2010, The Canadian Journal of Cardiology
- Saving Athletes from Cardiac Arrest – Carolyn Sayre, May 7, 2007, Time