Thank you to the Gianfranco Gianmaria Memorial Society (GGMS) for their generous donation of an AED to PMSS. Along with the efforts of the PMSS PAC and Mr. Dennis Dickson, we now have a defibrillator available for our students, staff, and community; in the event of an emergency.
- Gianfranco Giammaria Memorial Society (GGMS): Please visit this webpage. They want to get AED’s in all recreational facilities. This is one ‘secret’ you can pass onto our competitors.
- SADS website: Canadian Sudden Arrhythmia Deaths Syndromes Foundation
SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST IN YOUTH – related articles, there are many, many more. If you are concerned, please speak to your doctor. Getting an AED and reading about the reasons behind it, help us to be gain knowledge and be prepared.
- Bystanders Must Help Heart Attack Victims: Emergency Doctors, Carmen Chai, October 13, 2011, Postmedia/Vancouver Sun
- Defibrillator Trumps CPR as Best Response to Heart Attacks…, Pauline Tam, September 1, 2o11, Postmedia News, The Province
- Father who lost son… , WXYZ.com, May 17, 2011
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Strikes Collegiate Athletes at an Alarming Rate – Erik Malinowski, April 11, 2011, Playbook –highest rate for basketball players
- Wes Leonard: Michigan High School Basketball Star Dies After Game-Winning Shot, Kate Moisse et al, March 4, 2011, ABC News
- More Athletes with Sudden Cardiac Arrest Than Originally Thought, SADS.com
- A review of sudden unexpected death in the young in British Columbia, Zaneta Lim et al, January 26, 2010, The Canadian Journal of Cardiology
- Saving Athletes from Cardiac Arrest – Carolyn Sayre, May 7, 2007, Time